Monday, June 22, 2009

Throwback!

I haven't made any cupcakes since last Tuesday (but my sister and I probably will for July 4!)...so I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of previous batches.

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

My very first attempt at cupcakes...I loved these, and I think they were a hit at work. The coconut milk that the recipe calls for really makes the cake moist, and the sweet-tangy frosting is really light. This would be a VERY refreshing summer dessert :)



Cherry-Limeade Cupcakes

These...were kind of sweet. Like I said before, I'm not a fan of diabetes spread on top of my cupcake. Okay, I'm being dramatic. These weren't THAT bad. I'd probably eat them again, but I think I would much rather eat the Strawberry Lemonade cupcakes. These were fun to make and decorate, though!



Thai Tea Cupcakes

Feeling adventurous? This is definitely a recipe that you want to try. I think my sister and I spent most of our time trying to find the Thai tea syrup, only to discover that you could only really buy it online. We needed to improvise, and we bought a whole bucket of tea leaves and ended up brewing and straining them instead.

The custard inside didn't really firm up, so we ended up with a pretty goopy (but delicious) mess. I really liked these cupcakes...my sister, not so much. These were just sweet enough, and it really tasted like Thai tea (thanks to the custard center and the Thai tea cream cheese frosting)

P.S...I LOVED the orange color <3

Sorry! None for you, Charlie!



Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

These need some work. From what I remember, the frosting got kind of hard and I think we can cut back on the sugar a lot more. But I really loved the cake :)

I hope to perfect this one by the end of the summer!


That's it for this throwback entry. Make sure you check back here around July 4...more cupcakes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment