Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ERROR: Fail cakes!!!

Can somebody PLEASE tell me where August and the first half of September went?!

*sigh*

Seriously, I'm about to start class again this Thursday. This does not make me a happy camper. Neither do fail cakes, which have been becoming frequent...well, they don't look pretty. But they taste pretty good :)

Anyway, I decided that the economy sucks (yes, I JUST decided that). Bad economy + very little hours at work = broke Anne. Broke Anne = no money for extravagant birthday presents. But who says that sweet teeth need to suffer from the bad economy? Not I! Therefore, I have decided to hand out cupcakes in place of birthday presents. They're cute, sweet, delicious, and they take effort...therefore, they show that you care.

September is full of birthdays.

Needless to say, I've been baking A LOT! I have 3 cupcakes to share with you :)

Okay, first up are my sister's birthday cupcakes. I got a gorgeous rose-cake pan from my Auntie Connie, and I decided to try to make Red Velvet rose-shaped cupcakes with a cream cheese filling, with white chocolate leaves and a side of vanilla ice cream. Sounds amazing, right?


oops.

Turns out I didn't butter the pans enough, so the roses had a bit of trouble coming out. They tasted delicious, though! And I think the chocolate leaves were a nice touch:

Anyway, you can use the Martha Stewart recipe that I used here.

Of course, baking cupcakes is always so much more fun when you bake with a friend. What about baking with your sister? THAT'S TWICE THE FUN! :D We decided to try some of Martha Stewart's cupcakes from a recipe book that my sister got for her birthday. Check it out!

And that's my lovely sister/baking mentor frosting Martha Stewart's blueberry cupcakes! These are perfect for breakfast! <3

Enjoy, and happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment